Sep 19, 2014
Again like O for Q also there is only one country which the name start with Q. Q for Qatari cuisine is also Influenced by many Asian and African country's. Qatar is located in desert so the number of ingredients locally available is very limited. But now they are growing many vegetables in farms. The most important influence on Qatar cuisine is Arab cuisine so. In the modern age foods from abroad have been introduced to Qatar.But the traditional recipes still have remain the same. Today my recipe is from traditional Qatari cuisine, Traditional Qatari Break fast Balaleet.
Let's check the recipe..
Recipe source from HERE
INGREDIENTS:--Vermicelli -- 1/2 cup
Sugar --- 2 tab sp
Cinnamon --- 2 tea sp
Ginger --- 1 tea sp
Salt a pinch
Butter --- 1 tab sp
Egg ---- 1
Oil -- 1 tea sp
1. Heat water in pan bring to full boil add oil and vermicelli mix well and cook till vermicelli become soft.
2. Switch off the heat and drain the water, place vermicelli again in the pan, switch on the heat.
3. Immediately add sugar, cinnamon, ginger and toss well.
4. Spread the vermicelli mixture evenly cover with a lid and reduce the heat to very low and cook for 10 minutes so the that the vermicelli on the bottom will turn crisp.
5. Take out the vermicelli from pan in to a plate.
6. Now make a one egg omelette and place the omelette on top of the vermicelli ans serve.
Serve with a cup of coffee.
Sep 18, 2014
We have already finished cooking from 15 country's to day is the 16th country and that is with P. for P my choice is Poland. Polish cuisine is highly influenced by Central European cuisines. Poland has a number of regional cuisines and also they use a large variety of vegetables along with meat and cheese. Specially they use a wide variety of mushrooms and they have a huge number of soups this one is among them. Polish Mushroom Soup so let's check the recipe..
Recipe adopted from HERE
INGREDIENTS:---Button mushrooms --- 1 and half cup chopped
Dried mushrooms --- 1/2 cup chopped
Sour cream ---- 1/2 cup
Onion --- 1 medium chopped
Vegetable stock ---- 4 cups
Flour ---- 2 tab sp
Salt to taste
Pepper powder --- 1 tea sp
Oil --- 1 tab sp
Fresh dill for garnishing
1. Heat oil in a pan add onion and mushroom saute slowly till tender.
2. Add flour cook on a low heat stirring continuously.
3. Add stock and dried mushrooms then bring to a full boil reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Take a little amount of hot soup in to a small bowl add little by little sour cream stir well then add little more sour cream do this till you finish the whole sour cream( this will keep the sour cream from clumping).
5. Pour this sour cream mixture back in to the rest of the soup add salt and pepper to taste mix well.
Serve top with a dollop of sour cream.
Note:- I chopped my mushrooms finely because of that we can't see them on top. If you like can cut mushrooms in to big pieces.